THE Save Our Macleay River (SOMR) committee will be hosting two workshops to highlight individual rights when it comes to mining as well as a public forum with a Q&A style panel discussion.
The Environmental Defenders Office (EDO) workshop, concerning the rights of landholders and the protection of the environment, will kick off at 10:30am on Saturday 20 July.
The public forum will begin at 1:30pm & focus on the impact of mining on the Macleay River will begin with presentations from several keynote speakers, following a Q&A style panel discussion.
Invited guest speakers include:
- Roger Jackson, CEO of Hillgrove Mine
- Gavin Mudd, expert on sustainable mining, Monash University
- Sharyn Munro, author of Rich Land, Wasteland
- Ron Kemsley, Environmental Officer, Kempsey Shire Council
- Matthew Tighe, UNE Armidale
- Marcus Riches, (DPI Fisheries Habitat Officer)
- Fred Kelly, representative of the Dhanggati Nation
- Representatives of the Environmental Protection Authority, Armidale
The second EDO workshop will be held at 10.30am on Sunday in Bellbrook.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org